[Lazarus] IDE window positions

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 15:09:02 CET 2013

zeljko wrote:
>>> Actually, pager minimizes windows when you switch desktops , thats how
>>> virtual desktops works on X11.
>> No doubt, but it's hardly normal to find that they stay minimised when
>> you switch back.
>
> They should not. Pager must know (and LCL widgetset api when it was minimised
> by pager) which windows are minimized by himself so it can restore them when
> you switch back. Also minimized windows (before switch to another desktop)
> should stay minimized when you switch back.

Much what I assumed. I've not mentioned this in the past- and am
definitely not complaining about it now- since my desktop machine is
actually running a fairly old KDE.

In any event, thanks for the explanation since it implies that something
I do as routine using Delphi (have a watchdog process monitoring any
unexpected dialogue boxes etc. on multiple desktops/windowstations) is
probably fundamentally incompatible with unix.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk