[Lazarus] Buttons in frames

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 6 20:45:20 CET 2013

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:06:55 +0000
Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> Going back to this, r40191 shows me that event handlers were not being
> saved in the frame (OnClick event etc.) but reselecting those seems to
> have fixed it. So there might have been an issue in some revisions of trunk.
>
> One thing that I'm now getting (at least up to r40200) is that when the
> IDE reads a form containing a frame I get a dialog telling me the .lfm
> can't be found:

What form, what frame?

> Unable to find the component class "TDbConfigFrame".
> It is not registered via RegisterClass and no lfm was found.
> It is needed by unit:
> /usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode.pas

Is this correct:
Project directory is
/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk
Unitpath is "../inifiles/trunk"
So these files belong to the project:
/usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk/*.pas
These can *not* be found by the project:
/usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/*.pas

Now you are asking about the non-project unit:
/usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode.pas

Where is TDbConfigFrame defined?

> However aborting/cancelling the load appears to have the effect of
> making the load complete, the project is intact and compilable. This
> doesn't appear to be related to my use of a symlink.

Mattias