[Lazarus] Code Completion Templates

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Tue Feb 12 03:43:03 CET 2013

On 02/11/2013 03:57 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:50:47 -0500
> Donald Ziesig <donald at ziesig.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> What kind of syntax errors? For the xml or for the pascal snippets?
>> For the xml.  I'm leaving the pascal as an exercise for the student ;-) .
> The xml is parsed by the xml reader. It has error messages for syntax
> errors. The IDE writes them only to stdout. This was never a problem,
> because the xml file is written by the IDE, so there are no syntax
> errors.
Hmmm.  In my code, the XML reader detects, and the IDE writes XML errors
to stdout as you say.  I haven't implemented a GUI to generate the XML.
(Yet).  Right now, if the author of the XML makes an error, he had
better be watching stdout while the XML loads so he can catch the
errors.  I will catch the syntax errors with a handler that puts up a
message box for now to make them visible to the user.

I want to get the snippet generation fully implemented and tested first
(it is almost done) before I get fancy with a GUI.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don