[Lazarus] Getting a Field list of a record

Johann Spies johann.spies at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:52:45 CET 2013

On 17 February 2013 02:23, Alejandro Gonzalo <parkingspace26 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> whoops, forgot you have to include this line before the "for" clause:
>    aRecord:= VarArrayCreate([0, Dataset.FieldCount-1], varVariant);

Thanks.

The replies to my question made me realise that I will have to do do a lot
of catchup.  I recently came back to pascal after about 18 years of
inactivity.

I did not even know about the 'variant' option and I know very little
about  TDataset and TParams and a lot of the (to me) new stuff added to the
language.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)