[Lazarus] Problems with Lazarus

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:09:14 CET 2013

Hi Johann

I have had similar issues in the past. I would really be nice if (like
Delphi) there was a setting in the Tools/Options window where you could set
(or at least see) the paths to all the units used by Lazarus as well as a
separate setting for the paths to all the units used by the current
project. Nothing stops Lazarus from reading and writing this information
from the .cfg file. B.T.W. since I finally got a bunch of 3D components
installed in Lazarus and did not want to go through all the trouble of
re-installing them, I am still using Lazarus 1.0 RC1, with fpc-2.6.0 on a
Debian-based system (at least until I run into a problem where I really
need an update).

As an alternative, try running fp-2.6.0 from the commandline. I am not sure
if it will solve your problem with the  missing unit/path, but if you ever
used the original Borland Turbo Pascal, you will feel right at home. And it
is much faster than Lazarus. I think for the kind of project you are
looking at, it might be the better choice.

Cheers
Chavoux