[Lazarus] operator overloading

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:06:59 CET 2013

On 24.02.2013 16:02, xrfang wrote:
> I will test again tomorrow to find out what's wrong with my code.  For
> now, one more queston:
>
> I noticed that generics does not work without {$mode objfpc}.  I wonder
> what is the default mode without $mode? Why objfpc is not the default mode?

The default mode is "fpc" and it will stay the default mode because of
backwards compatibility. The difference between the two modes is that
"fpc" is a bit more like "tp" (no classes, only objects) but with
additional features. Generics will work for objects, records, arrays and
procedural types in that mode.

Regards,
Sven