[Lazarus] ValueListEditor: feedback needed from Delphi users

John Landmesser JohnML at online.de
Wed Feb 27 17:27:33 CET 2013

Delphi 2010 Pro:

Per default property Keyoptions is empty and nothing  happens pressing
insert, delete ...

You can only select the value and edit it.

Am 26.02.2013 19:03, schrieb Bart:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on the ValueListEditor.
> I have some questions on the behaviour of the KeyOptions property that
> I cannot find an answer to, simply because my Delphi is too old, and
> it does not have a TValueListEditor at all, and the Embarcadero
> DocWiki (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE3/en/Vcl.ValEdit.TKeyOptions)
> doesn't provide clear answers either.
>
> So, for anyone that has a recent Delphi here are my questions:
>
> 1)
> keyDelete: "The user can delete the selected name/value pair by
> pressing the Delete key."
>
> When does this happen.
> - If the user presses Delete in "key" column, or also in "value" column?
If property keyoptions is [keyEdit,keyAdd,keyDelete,keyUnique] and you
press Control plus keyDelete, the whole line is deleted. Doesn't matter
which column is selected!
> - Does it happen if the user is editing the cell (if keyEdit is set)?
YES !!!

> 2)
> keyDelete: the Embarcadero docwiki does not specify: must keyEdit be
> set in order to set keyDelete (like it is, for keyAdd)?
keyDelete can  be set, even if keyedit is false !

> 3)
> keyAdd: if the user presses Insert, an empty row is added.
> (first attempt at implementing this in r40418)
> - if you are in an empty row, does it still insert a new one?
No !
You just hit the insert key and get ONE new row next to current row.