[Lazarus] Change View unit/form (F12) bug

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Sat Jan 5 15:58:04 CET 2013

Hi, this is a long time bug (I didn't find it on Mantis).

Let's say you are editing a unit and press F12 to change view to edit
the form visually, it should show the form associated to the current
unit. If you go back to the source editor, then change tab, to edit
another unit, then press F12, you'll end editing the form of the
previous unit, and not the current one.

Step by step:

1) Edit unit1.pas
2) Press F12 -> view unit1.lfm
3) Press F12 to go back to the source editor.
4) Change tab to unit2.pas
5) Press F12 --> BUG!!! -> you'll see unit1.lfm instead of unit2.lfm

The workaround I use is to go back and forth between unit1 and unit2,
and press F12 until I see the correct form.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com