[Lazarus] Startlazarus starting "wrong" Lazarus

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jan 12 11:18:57 CET 2013

I stumbled into a situation which might be rather confusing for an
inexperienced user:

Lazarus 1.04, Linux environment.

If you install from rpm a new version, but your local old version has a
more recent date (because you recompiled it recently to install some
packages), startlazarus will show the splash screen of the new version,
but will silently load the old version.

I don't see an easy way out, and maybe we must just live with it, but I
felt it appropriate to mention. Maybe someone smarter than me will come
out with a brilliant solution to avoid that.

Giuliano