[Lazarus] Visual "uglyness" when creating TSynEdit @ runtime in my app

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 00:47:38 CET 2013

On 1/4/13, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> It sounds like a bug in the LCL Win32 interface.
> I don't have win32 here to test.
> There should be no Paint events during your code. Are there?

How do I test this?

> What size has the SynEdit after setting Align to alClient and what is
> the ClientRect of the tabsheet?

TS is the TabSheet that is the parent of E
TS has been created and it's property PageControl is set to the
PageControl in question
At this stage:

TS.ClientRect = l=0,t=0,r=0,b=0
Before setting E.Align := alClient: E.Bounds = l=0,t=0,r=200,b=150
After  setting E.Align := alClient: E.Bounds = l=0,t=0,r=200,b=150

> About workarounds:
> Set the Parent as last property

I remember doing that in the Delphi app and it made no difference, but
I'll try it in Lazarus.

> or enclose the code in
>   BeginAutoSizing;
>   EndAutoSizing;