[Lazarus] Visual "uglyness" when creating TSynEdit @ runtime in my app

luiz americo pereira camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Sat Jan 5 13:03:41 CET 2013

2013/1/5 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
> On 05/01/2013 11:43, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:
>>
>> If I single step, it is not painted by that line.
>>
>> It happens here
>>
>>        Perform(CM_SHOWINGCHANGED, 0, 0); // see
>> TWinControl.CMShowingChanged
>>
>> This ends with TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide that calls SetWindowPos
>> which should not trigger a immediate wm_paint
>>
>> What OS are you using?
>

> Win Vista 32 bit
>

>> Did you tried commenting the code inside TWin32WidgetSet.ShowScrollBar?
>>

> No, I single stepped, and checked, when the paint happened.

Due to LCL/Win message nature, not always the backtrace correspond to
the code that actually triggered the event.

At this time, i'm not sure what exactly is triggering the paint
message you are seeing.

Sometimes the only way to know is by trial and error.

If commenting the code inside TWin32WidgetSet.ShowScrollBar avoids the
paint, we will know that the problem is there, so we can try to fix,
otherwise we will look elsewhere

BTW:

I just double checked and here no WM_PAINT message is triggered

Maybe is related to windows below windows 7

Luiz