[Lazarus] New Lazarus User

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Sat Jan 5 16:05:29 CET 2013

On 2013-01-04 13:05:00 -0600, George R Smith wrote:
>    All,
>
>    I just ordered my first all Ubuntu laptop and since I like Delphi I
>    noticed Lazarus.
>
>    Can Lazarus run and are people using Lazarus on Ubuntu 12.10 and does it
>    use
>    Wine.
>
>    Thanks
>
>    George

Hi George, welcome to Lazarus!. You don't need Wine, with Lazarus you
can create native Linux apps, and even Cross-Compile them from Linux to
Windows without changes.

An easy way to install Lazarus for newcomers, is using CodeTyphon:

1) Download from:
http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/codetyphon/codetyphon-download

2) Read the quick installation procedure:
http://www.pilotlogic.com/codetyphon/help/index.html?quick_installation_procedure.htm

BTW, I don't use CodeTyphon, but I find it great for new users. I prefer
to get the sources using SVN then compile and install.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com