[Lazarus] Startlazarus starting "wrong" Lazarus

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Jan 14 15:04:12 CET 2013

On 01/14/2013 02:25 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Giuliano Colla<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it>  hat am 14. Januar 2013 um 13:27
> geschrieben:
[..]
>> I can't possibly have multiple startlazarus, because I don't have more
>> than one installation.
> Every Lazarus has its startlazarus. If you installed via the rpm and have a svn
> then you have two startlazarus.

In the "deployment" platform I'm speaking of there's just the rpm
Lazarus, and nothing else.

In the development platforms, I have multiple Lazarus, and scripts to
switch the environment, but in that case I don't ask that some wizard
reads my mind to understand which Lazarus I want to start ;-)
>> I just have one lazarus installation, and a
>> custom copy in my home directory.
>> Of course, by deleting/renaming my ~/lazarus/bin/lazarus custom
>> executable, then the good lazarus is started, and the problem is solved.
>> I signaled it because it might be confusing.
> startlazarus can be extended to store the file dates of the found lazarus
> executable. If the system one changed, it can ask to delete the custom one and
> start the system one OR to start the custom one.
This could be a way to solve the issue.

Another one which comes to my mind is to store the version information
in the custom directory. While the custom file is just a customization
of the same version of the system file, the current policy is flawless.
But if the system version is newer than the custom version, it may ask
the question you propose, disregarding the file dates.

Giuliano