[Lazarus] Startlazarus starting "wrong" Lazarus

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 15 19:06:59 CET 2013

On 01/15/2013 04:13 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I thought you'd already said that you'd go another copy hidden in
> ~/.lazarus/bin

That's where Lazarus puts its executable when recompiled (to install
packages) and the installation directory is not writable. But it's
started by the system's unique startlazarus, which checks both locations.

[..]

> Are you sure that you can trust locate's results, or is it stopping
> when it sees ~/.lazarus    I'd not trust  locate  in this situation,
> but instead would use find.

Output of find:

[root at localhost /]# find . -name startlazarus
./usr/lib/lazarus/lazarus.app/Contents/Resources/startlazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/startlazarus
./usr/lib/lazarus/startlazarus
./usr/bin/startlazarus

Just a subset of the output of locate, which actually finds *startlazarus*

Giuliano