[Lazarus] [ISSUE] FCL-Web and LazReport

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 14:39:01 CET 2013

> If we can make sure there is no such dependency,
> I'd very much like to have it in FPC itself.

I'm sure something could be worked out. Like I said, there is actually
very little dependency on fpGUI.

A quick browse through the code (see the src/reporting directory) I can
see the TfpgColor type (simple record structure), 3 color extraction
methods (Reg, Green and Blue), and one or two RTL wrapper functions for
Unicode filename support - these will take about 20 minutes to fix and test.

Then there is TfpgImage for Image embedding in PDF's. The Image support
was one of the last things to be added to the PDF engine. The PDF
reporting already worked very well before Image support was added.
Anyway, I'm quite confident that the TfpgImage usage could easily be
abstracted out. TfpgImage is just a container for the raw image data.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/