[Lazarus] errors: Upper bound of case range is less than lower bound and duplicate case label

Avishai avishai.gore at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:44:06 CET 2013

Sorry, I'm late coming into this conversation and I may not be
understanding the question/answer.  But if I am, then
case sensitivity should be part of any sort/comparison, at least as an
option.  I have had many problems when it is not.  aA-Bb-Cc-dD is a form of
randomness.  If the result of a sort can not be reliably reproduced after
adding new data, the sort fails.  Case sensitive sort is common.  Take a
look at almost any spreadsheet program and you will see that it is an
option.  It's also an option in TStringList.  In my opinion Case Sensitive
should be the default behavior of any Sort/Comparison.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:19:58 +0100
> > Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I think it should not.
> >
> > The lower-than and greater-than operators are defined for
> > strings. Do you want to remove them too?
> >

> I've actually wondered about it a few times ;-)
> You have a point - and I don't feel strongly about either way -, but
> in perspective AFAIR I've never needed - nor have seem a piece of code
> which did - more than one greater or less than comparison on strings
> in the same condition, so I'd say it's an unusual notion/construction.
>
> -Flávio
>
> --

Shalom,
Avishai