[Lazarus] IDE

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 11:13:14 CET 2013

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 01/21/13 20:47, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Did you report these problems? If not how should the Lazarus developers
>> know they exist?
>
> Yes - I'm probably the largest contributor of bug reports. But recently
> I gave up reporting every single bug I find.

Looking at Mantis, it looks as though you've reported bugs against
nothing more recent than 0.9.30 and all of them were handled adequately:
either resolved or closed after you didn't supply more info.

Looking at something that I reported, there were changes in the IDE post
0.9.30 that affected form display under some particularly contrived
conditions (roughly translated: there was a better way to do something
than I knew about). The particular one that I reported was fixed and I
believe is now in 1.0.2, but there's always a possibility that there are
related problems still in there.

> Also some bugs are very hard to report because I can't reproduce all of
> them on demand. And as a developer, I know that getting a bug report
> that you can't reproduce is a big turn-down.

And speaking as somebody who's done a lot of support over the years, I
know that the worst thing is somebody who refuses to be helped. And it's
even worse when they're arrogant with it. And worst of all when all of
this is for free.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk