[Lazarus] Daily snapshots

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:32:36 CET 2013

2013/1/25 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:
> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>
>> 2013/1/25 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:
>>>
>>> Look at the version numbers: 1.1 is trunk, 1.0.5 is stable+fixes (the
>>> main
>>> download page is 1.0.4 so hasn't quite caught up). Choose and keep
>>> separate.
>>

>> What do you mean by "hasn't quite caught up"? It is up to date, isn't it?
>

> I was trying not to make a value judgment as to whether that was intentional
> or not. Obviously going by the numbering convention- which the OP might not
> be familiar with- 1.0.4 is a stable "stable+fixes", while 1.0.5 is just how
> it's described: an automatically-generated snapshot slightly ahead of
> reality.

Yes, and 1.0.4 is a release and the download page contains released
versions and no snapshots. So it will never catch up to 1.0.5, only to
to 1.0.6 when that is released. But I would not call that catching up.

I did not hear a value judgement, I guess, but an expectation or a
possibility, which I don't see.

Vincent