[Lazarus] finding the package of the unit

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:20:43 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 28/01/2013 15:58, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:50:47 +0200
>> ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Context menu on editor tabs. See if it is in one of the packages tabs, or
> the project. Or if it was not added to either a package or project
>
>>> Answering myself: ide.lpk
>>> "never forger to use grep lpk" :)
>>
>> The ide.lpk is a debugging tool for the IDE.
>
> NEVER use it. It exists only so the debugger can have testcases.

Yes, I found out the "hard way", it is registered as "not to be installed".

> Maybe other testcase later.

>> Keep in mind that the translators had the IDE in mind.
>>
>> Maybe this unit can be moved to lazcontrols.
>>

> IMHO: selected entries could be moved.
>
> some to ideintf maybe. some to lazcontrols, or lazutils?

I think that there is some sort of a mess, some sections exist under
ideintf and some under IDECommands.
Here are the strings at IDECommands:

const
  CommandCategoryToolMenuName = 'ToolMenu';
  CommandCategoryCustomName = 'Custom';
  CommandCategoryTextEditingName = 'text editing commands';
  CommandCategoryViewName = 'ViewMenu';
  CommandCategoryCodeTools = 'CodeTools';

I'm not sure if they are in use only with shortcuts or also menu items.