[Lazarus] Accents in IDE and my apps
ederson_cassio at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 8 03:22:45 CEST 2013
Em 07-07-2013 21:40, Éderson Cássio escreveu:
> Em 07-07-2013 15:54, Mattias Gaertner escreveu:
>> On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 15:22:53 -0300
>> Éderson Cássio <ederson_cassio at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>> When I type accented letters in the IDE or in my forms, they appear
>>> duplicated: áá êê íí õõ üü ...
>>> Searching the bugtracker, I found
>>> It seems to be a GTK2 problem, in the CheckDeadKey procedure
>>> I tried to comment out such code and replace the call by a single call
>>> to gtk_im_context_filter_keypress. It solved the duplication problem
>>> I can't type an accent key (a dead key) in one control, and after type
>>> the letter in other control. It's not a big problem to me, but it's a
>>> pattern in applications behavior.
>>> Does anybody know how can I contact someone in the development team
>>> talk about this? I'd like to help to improve the GTK2 support, but
>>> I'm a
>>> newbie about this...
>> Looking at the bug thread it seems that there is no solution yet that
>> works on all systems, right?
>> Lazarus mailing list
>> Lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
> Hello, Mattias! I don't know... I have no problems with native win32
> widgetset. Did anybody test GTK2 widgetset in Windows? Maybe I should
> do it, just to see its behavior, although I won't neet it.
> Lazarus mailing list
> Lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
Done, I have just tested GTK2 in Windows (XP). The letter duplication
doesn't happen. If I type an accent (a dead key) in one control, and
move the focus to other control, the first "loses" the accent. It's a
good behavior (to me). I made the change in gtk2proc.inc and the
behavior remains the same.
In Linux, with the original gtk2proc.inc, I have the letter duplication
problem. Changing the gtk2 binding code, I can type accents fine. But,
if I type a dead key in one control and move to other, the accent
"stays" in the first control, waiting for the letter. I don't see it as
a big problem.
The changes I made:
- Remove the CheckDeadKey procedure
- Replace its call by a: *gtk_im_context_filter_keypress(im_context,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lazarus