[Lazarus] programming for Android

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Jul 13 22:31:11 CEST 2013

On 7/13/2013 13:58, duilio foschi wrote:
> I'd like to wet my feet in Android programming.
>
> I followed the instructions found here
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface/Android
>
> and downloaded the "ready Virtual Box Image with FPC and Lazarus" from
> sourceforge.

what OS is included in that image? or does it use your existing OS?

> After a while, I could happily run Lazarus on a Mandrive distro.

so a virtual box on a linux... ok...

> The distro is supposed to contain all the needed files.
>
> Alas! When I try to run
> androidlcltest.lpr
>
> I get an error as shown in
> http://i44.tinypic.com/2ljnssz.jpg
>
> What is wrong ?

it tells you directly that it cannot find the xterm binary on your system or the
virtual one... xterm is a terminal generally used with a graphical
environment... it is trying to open a new xterm window... this is why i ask
about what OS is in the image or if it uses your existing OS...

i can only hope that this might point you in the right direction... i do not do
virtual anythings... i can only tell you that if i tried it on one of my *nix
boxen, the example would not run there either because that box has no GUI
environment at all...