[Lazarus] Firefox OS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 11:03:15 CEST 2013

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 07/15/2013 10:12 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> As far as I know, it is Javascript. Not Java.
>
> As Firefox is a very fast Javascript interpreter this does make sense.
>
> But it supposedly makes it completely incompatible with Android from
> ground up (this might be on purpose).
>
> But can an "OS" completely done in Jacascript be a valid alternate
> foundation for cell phone and Tablet designs ?

A lot of people who should know better think that the GUI is the OS. As
far as I know, Firefox OS is Linux with all GUI interfacing done by
HTML5 hence JavaScript etc., from my limited reading I don't know
whether there's a native-code capability which might mean that as a
platform it's even more restrictive than Android.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk