[Lazarus] Lazarus, Jedi etc.

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 18:17:03 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 04:53:25PM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> The case sensitivity in the table names is also crazy, especially if
> the database gets moved. I had to modify quite a lot of SQL statements
> because of that. For MySQL support I had to look up the table name (as
> MySQL has it), then modify lots and lots of SQL in my application to
> match that case exactly. Crazy stuff!

I understand the case sensitivity problem, since tables are stored in
separate files for some engines (I think).  There's a simple solution,
though, use lower_case_table_names=1, in which case tables will be
stored in lower case and lookups become case insensitive.  No need to
change SQL statements.  You may have to set this before you import the
database on the new system.  Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me,
after a little bit of RTFM.

Henry