[Lazarus] Firefox OS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 21:19:34 CEST 2013

Reimar Grabowski wrote:

> Nothing gets compiled from JS to asm.js (do you know what "strict subset" means?). Did you even look at the specs?
> Do you know at all what asm.js is?

Yes, and it rather looks as though you don't. asm.js has strictly
numeric types, so you can't write a conventional "Hello, World!" in it.
If you want to do that, then you have to write it in a suitable
high-level language: I suggested Javascript, but I can see how that
could be confusing so let's just accept /anything/ here.

Now if something like that can't, ultimately, be run from a shell or a
makefile it's going to be problematic for an FPC port. It's going to be
particularly problematic for the various tests that are run
automatically to test the compiler's correctness: it's all very well
saying that in the target environment FPC -> asm.js is used strictly to
run apps in the context of Firefox but that's hardly going to be
convenient for working through a large corpus of test cases.

>> Which is no *&%%&$ use to somebody trying to run e.g. the FPC test suite
>> under makefile control.
> That's a high goal for someone who cannot be bothered to inform himself what the subject of his desire (asm.js) is.
> Btw I don't know what *&%%&$ means but judging from your professional attitude it must be some kind of profanity.
>
> Ever tried to do your work yourself instead of begging for step-by-step instructions? Speaking from experience I can tell you it is very fulfilling.

Yes. I'll say no more lest I let irritation get the better of diplomacy.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk