[Lazarus] New competition for Lazarus

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 10:27:47 CEST 2013

1 - First i hate forking projects it wast the efforts, split the team,
while other team can work together with first one (i am not mentioning who
give the reason for that splitting)

2 - PilotLogic, just feeling, they have plan to make it commercial (i don't
know if it can be), but from here i smell the money :P

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just saw this thread. The PilotLogic guys (creators of the CodeTyphoon
> project) has finally decided to fork Lazarus IDE and go their own route.
> Here are some "early days" screenshots.
>

> http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/media/kunena/attachments/63/OpenIntiana64_2013-05-27.jpg
>

> http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/media/kunena/attachments/63/Screenshot_2013-05-28.jpg
>

> They plan to add multi-architecture / dual personalities (32-bit &
> 64-bit executables) on a single system, improved cross-compile support
> with easy switching and indicator, C/C++ support, support more platforms
> etc.
>

> For the full thread, here is the link.
>

> http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/forum/ct-lab-news/2509-ct-4-30-lab-new-ide?limitstart=0&start=24
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -
>

> --

I am using last revision of Lazarus, FPC 2.6 on Windows XP SP3

Best Regards
Zaher Dirkey