[Lazarus] LCL change: TAction.OnExecute no longer sets TControl/TMenuItem.OnClick

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Mon Jun 10 21:51:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

Paul today resolved my bugreport 24435 - http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24435. It works perfectly except one case: when CheckBox.Action.OnExecute = CheckBox.OnClick.
OnClick must be different or nil. Anyway, it shouldn't be problem because as explained on the wiki release notes: Old behavior: .... The OnClicks were not saved to lfm.
I only wanted to remind it here - just for the case.

Vojtěch
> Od: "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>
> Komu: <lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
> Datum: 27.05.2013 17:58
> Předmět: [Lazarus] LCL change: TAction.OnExecute no longer sets TControl/TMenuItem.OnClick

Hi,

Because of the constant confusion and bug reports the TAction.OnExecute
and TControl/TMenuItem.OnClick are now two separate things.
See here for details:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2.0_release_notes#LCL_TAction.OnExecute_no_longer_sets_TControl.2FTMenuItem.OnClick <http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2.0_release_notes#LCL_TAction.OnExecute_no_longer_sets_TControl.2FTMenuItem.OnClick>

Mattias