[Lazarus] Beagle Bone

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 17 11:16:19 CEST 2013

Hi ARM experts,

Did anybody yet use Lazarus to do a project to be run on a BeagleBone (
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black ) ?

Either "native", or "cross" ?

I would like to do this. The project I have in mind does not need to
have a GUI (nor any Android binding).

Regarding development tools, I think I would prefer a complete Cross
development (fpc cross compiler and Lazarus remote debugging), But a
native Lazarus (usable via native hardware or vie VNC or similar) might
also have some nice aspects.

( In fact, regarding ARM, the utmost level I yet got working, was a
native fpc compiler that in fact was able to compile a "command-line"
project, that now nicely runs as a daemon on my QNAP home server. I (and
an Austrian friend I worked together with) never got a cross-compiler
decently (i.e. without the need to install the greatly oversized  - and
supposedly license-restricted - ARM cross tools by "Code Sourcery")
going, and we did give up on trying to make Lazarus work as a remote
debugging IDE. )

-Michael