[Lazarus] New competition for Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:05:39 CEST 2013

On 6/1/13, Miquel Bruns <miquel.bruns at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, be informed before acuse PilotLogic.

We would love to be informed, yes. Can you Miquel please explain the
policy of CodeTyphon?
Why they _always_ fork the other projects and never contribute back to
the original project?
Often it does not make sense even from their point of view.
They even forked my first "alpha" version of the DeleD 3-D design app,
although I explicitly asked for help from others and the admin Jeroen
promised commit access to anybody who wants it.
I added a new comment to DeleD forum :
  http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38532

I know forking makes sense sometimes. A project may not be interested
in Lazarus / cross-platform support, or they otherwise don't accept
changes easily.
But, most often projects have lack of resources and they would be
happy to get contributors, and after a "test period" they would get
commit access.
Then CodeTyphon would benefit from bug fixes and improvements made by
others. A win-win situation.

I appreciate the CodeTyphon team because they are clearly talented
programmers, yet I am puzzled with the political side. What is going
on, honestly? What is their ultimate goal?

> Sternas is a great man.

Some people create a "following" by their mere existence and
appearance, and then people write this kind of comments. Sternas may
be one of those people.
... I am speculating now, I have never met the person ...

Regards,
Juha