[Lazarus] About Arabic translating in Lazarus

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 6 13:35:23 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this happened. Before Maxime became involved in
Lazarus translations, I applied most translation updates. At that time,
I could understand some translations, while for others I had to trust
the submitter. One time I even got an update where the translator made
some "joke" translations. Short after that I got another update from
him, apologizing for the bad translation. His own community corrected him.
If there is no feedback, we don't know about the correctness of a
translation. In the current case, the Lazarus team has only one member,
Mazen, understanding Arabic. He had some Valid comments about the
"quality" of some parts of the translation. Which resulted in a rollback
of the patch.

Now that I have read your part of the story of the 2 schools, I better
understand the remarks Mazen made. I fear it is a matter of "taste" in
this case what translation is used. Your efforts are not lost. They are
still in SVN, only not "visible". I hope you can get in touch to "solve"
the issue on what translation style should be used.

I Agree, it is sad to see that we "lost" 90% of a translation.

Marc