[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 7 09:43:53 CEST 2013

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:05:14 +0300
patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> I have build modes defined as default for new projects. Would this
> interfere with this update?

No.
If you don't use it nothing changes.
It will start interfering, when you add some options to the IDE configs.

> On the other hand, it seems that some options apply to all build modes
> irrespective of their enabled status. With Linux and Win32 build modes
> defined, compiling an empty project for Linux uses the following options:
>
>   -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -Tlinux -g -gl -vewnhi -Filib/i386-linux
> -Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux/win32
> -Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux
> -Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux
> -Fu/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/packager/units/i386-linux -Fu.
> -FUlib/i386-linux/ -l -dLCL -dLCLwin32
>
> and fails:
> win32/win32wsdialogs.pp(32,3) Fatal: Can't find unit Windows used by
> Win32WSDialogs
>
> Inherited for LCL:
> unit path =
> /home/supra/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/lcl/units/i386-linux/win32
> custom options = -dLCL -dLCLwin32
> LCLWidgetType = win32
>
> Inherited for LCLBase, LazUtils, and FCL do not show win32 related stuff.

What is the host operating system? I guess Linux.
What build mode is active?
What shows Project Options / Compiler Options / right side, top,
rightmost edit button '...' / Show differences between modes?

Mattias