[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 7 10:07:37 CEST 2013

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:22:51 +0200
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> Looks like a really nice update.
>
> Sorry for my ignorance, but
>   - what exactly is meant by "target"

See here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Targets_of_build_options

I added a sentence to make it more clear.

> and how I choose between multiple targets ?
>   - Why can multiple "target" lines be present at the same time ?

See link above.

>   - What is the use of the green vs the white macro activation check box ?

See here
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Colors_in_the_matrix

>   - I suppose, the result of this page can be stored as a "build mode",

Please read the wiki.

> but I don't find how to create, store or load a "build mode"

Juha has removed the old build modes page some weeks ago. Its features
are now in the header above each page of compiler options. This is not
yet documented in the wiki.

Mattias