[Lazarus] Package cannot be installed

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 7 14:33:51 CEST 2013

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:25:26 +0200
Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:48:37 +0300
> Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A question:
> > why can't I install the attached package?
> > It has only one component and it compiles OK.
> > I don't see any difference with other packages which are OK.
> >
> > This package is not even converted. It is created with "New
> > Package..." and one unit file was added. I even commented out a .dcr
> > resource to make sure it does not create problems.
> >
> > The error is:
> > (0,0) Fatal: Can not find DigitLed used by LedNew,
> > ppu=../../ConvertTest/LedNew/lib/x86_64-linux/Digitled.ppu, package
> > LedNew
> >
> > This is annoying I must say...
>
> The IDE now automatically fixes the unit names.

... which does not entirely fix the problem.

The unit file is Digitled.pas, the package uses it as Digitled, the
compiler creates the file Digitled.ppu and Digitled.o.
And still the compiler writes the source name DigitLed to the
lednew.ppu.
Sounds like a compiler bug. It should either reject Digitled on case
sensitive systems (which might be wrong) or write the file name to the
ppu instead of the source name.

Mattias