[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:31:16 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> And what if paths differ?
> Don't get me wrong: Adding a directory to a path in all search modes is
> a needed feature. I'm just not convinced that an <All build modes> view
> is the right way. For simple values like boolean and integer it works in
> the Object Inspector and it will probably work in the compiler
> options as well. But I doubt that it works for non atomic values
> like search paths.

Uhhh...  It requires some kind of grid GUI again with paths split into
rows and build modes in columns with selection checkboxes, and that
would be only for one path setting (like Include files).

> Ideas:
>
> Remove the "inherited page" and add its content to the "show options"
> dialog. One page less is more intuitive. And the user can see in
> one dialog where the final options originated.

Yes, that is good.
"Inherited" is in a wrong place because you cannot change anything there.

> Find a way to let the user use all FPC options. At the moment the user
> has to know the fpc options and add them to the custom options. It
> would be nice if the custom options have some tools to help here.

It is good, too. You requested this already last autumn but I have not
done anything for it.

Juha