[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jun 8 15:12:03 CEST 2013

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 13:26:05 +0200
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 08.06.2013 13:04, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:55:00 +0200
> > Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> Maybe similar to how Delphi does it and how the path entries work:
> >> semicolon seperated entries.
> >
> > Why is a semicolon separated list like
> >
> > EnableThis;EnableThat;DebugThis
> >
> > better then
> >
> > -dEnableThis -dEnableThat -dDebugThis
>
> Why is
>
> ./paththis;./paththat;./pickthis
>
> better then
>
> -Fu./paththis -Fu./paththat -Fu./pickthis
>
> ?

Search paths are special. They are changed by the IDE depending on host
OS and when files are added/moved.
That's why search paths are not in the custom options and
theoretically they can use any separator. It is just common to separate
them with semicolon.
Custom options are passed untouched (except for IDE
macros) to the compiler.
At the moment the IDE has nothing special for Defines, so they can
be passed unchanged to the compiler, i.e. in the custom options.

> >> Maybe with the possibility to edit them through a list box based dialog as well.
> >
> > A list with checkboxes could be useful.
>
> Maybe, but one should be able to add additional ones as well.

Means?

Mattias