[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jun 8 18:00:13 CEST 2013

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013, Martin wrote:

>> I just want to set some compiler options. That's it.
>
> All the options are still there, so you do not need to worry.
>
> Even if there are a default of debug and release mode, you do not worry. You
> never switch them, you only use one. You edit all options like you have
> always done.

That is the whole point of the discussion, to make sure that this remains possible in the future.

Open options dialog,
set 1 or 2 options (heaptrc jumps to mind),
close.

> Besides: The default for new projects can be saved. Delete the 2nd build
> mode, save as default, and you never worry again...

You again make the same mistake:
For this to work, you need to be aware of build modes and how they work.

So you are already in 'level 2' when proposing this concept.

But never mind.

I hope I made people aware that build modes are not the nec-plus-ultra
for everyone, and that forcing them on people will not necessarily be
met with enthousiasm from all. So you know you should tread carefully :-)

It is up to the Lazarus devels to find a nice solution.

Michael.