[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 11 18:44:48 CEST 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:00:42 +0300
Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Mattias Gaertner <
> nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
> > Packages are separate entities, often created and maintained by other
> > people. They have their own compiler options and especially their own
> > directories and search paths. They were not tested with your settings.
> > You can now change some of their settings, but you have to test
> > carefully.

I changed the IDE to hide the build modes on package compiler options.
It is too confusing.

> ​Hmm, i understand, but what is in my mind:
>
> 1 - I made in my Package 2 modes  Release and Debug, i can make more but
> that default for me and others

You can not make build modes in packages. The former build modes above
the compiler options was a mistake by some refactoring. It was shown,
even though it was not implemented. See above. I fixed that.

A package can react to the active build mode by using IDE macros.
For example the $(TargetOS) is set by the project build mode.

> 2 - Now in my project i made 3 modes for example Release, Debug, and Test
> (release but with memory leak)
>
> when i am debugging, i choose Debug for my project, when compile it, i
> except that also my package that have Debug mode will recompile with Debug
> mode, and take the paths from Debug mode not release.
>
> The problem what if i choose Test mode?  here package will take Release
> because it is a default mode there, and the patches for units take from it.
>
> It is more easy than write FPC parameters/options it is need experts users.

Mattias