[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Jun 11 20:49:11 CEST 2013

On 11/06/2013 17:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:13:33 +0100
> Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>
>> On 11/06/2013 17:07, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> How do you want to mix arbitrary IDE from you and arbitrary project
>>> options from other people?
>>>
>> I don't understand your question. It does not appear to relate to what I
>> wrote.
> I answered the "never mind where they are stored". IMO users must
> mind where they are stored.

Yes, in the sense that it is a choice. Ticking all or some build modes
is a choice too. In either case making the wrong choice leads to problems.

Storage may affect co-workers.
But disabling a -Cr in your session profile can do that too: because
code that compiles on the own box, will not compile for co-workers.

So in a more broad sense Users must mind to make the right selection. In
the same way as they must for all other options.

My point was, the fact that the option is about storage (in part, in
other parts about priority, but lets keep to storage here), does not
make the option different from other options.