[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0.10 Release

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 14 19:01:48 CEST 2013

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:38:03 +0200
dev.dliw at gmail.com wrote:

> Big thanks for another update of this great piece of software *thumbs up* !
>
> Still there seems to be something wrong with the makefiles.
> I installed the latest version from sourceforge (lazarus-1.0.10-0.tar.gz) via
> "make install", and surprisingly the files ended up in /bin and /share.

Do you mean /bin and /usr/share?

> Up to now, things were installed to /usr/local/*, which is the right place
> IMO.

What do you mean with "Up to now"?
Are there any rules or standards that lead to your opinion?

> Can anyone verify this?

Just a note: The Makefile is created by fpcmake. The "make install" is
the default behavior of Makefiles created by fpcmake. The Lazarus
Makefile.fpc only set the basedir to share/lazarus, which results under
Linux to /usr/share/lazarus.
You can install to another directory with

make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local

Mattias