[Lazarus] FPC source index

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:17:51 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 07:49:27PM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:16:33 +0100
> Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi list
> >
> > Is there a way to force the "Rescan FPC Source Directory" to not run in
> > OnIdle?
> >
> > I've got an ARM computer with slow storage and I thought I'd leave the
> > IDE for a while to wait for this operation to finish, only to realise
> > that nothing happens when I'm not moving the mouse around/typing.  The
> > IDE is a bit useless without the ability to Ctrl-click my way around,
> > but I got tired waving the mouse around after 5 minutes.
>
> Many IDE tasks run on idle. The idle event is crucial for the LCL
> itself.

How does the IDE make sure these things keep running when there's no
activity?  Do you use OnIdleEnd?  Or do you set Done := False in the
OnIdle handler?

> What widgetset?

It's gtk2, on some recent flavour of Ubuntu.  Without the source index,
it seems like I can't even double click on events in the object
inspector to create handlers, since it tells me that Classes can't be
found.  It's happy building existing projects, though.

Henry