[Lazarus] How to exec some gdb command on start in lazarus

martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Jun 25 12:07:49 CEST 2013

On 25/06/13 10:51, Petr Kristan wrote:
> I try to debug Debugger_Startup_Options: --eval-command="handle
> SIGPIPE nostop noprint pass" with strace and here is execve line: [pid
> 20053] execve("/usr/bin/gdb", ["/usr/bin/gdb", "-silent", "-i", "mi",
> "-nx", "--eval-command=\"handle SIGPIPE nostop noprint pass\""], [/*
> 52 vars */]) = 0 IMHO it looks ok.

I don't think it should have the \", if the entire argument is quoted.
but I am not sure

afaik/iirc the IDE passes this to TProcess (in fpc) and I do not know
what happens there

however TProcess.Commandline is deprecated, afaik because arguments must
be parsed... not sure.

In any case, I do not know how to solve, until the IDE stopped using the
deprecated method / no time frame on that.

You can try my other suggestion and change the source....