[Lazarus] Unicode branch

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jun 25 15:18:44 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 09:23:14AM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> So what platforms with the nextgen compiler target? OS X, iOS, Android,
> Windows Phone, Linux? All but Windows?

There is a note in the XE4 related documentation, that desktop
Delphi/nextgen will be compatible with the current situation a long time.

I took that as the whole thing being a cheap shot at avoiding the
platform/architecture dependent parts of legacy implementation on the new
mobile targets, and a sign that the mobile targets are more a quick buck
than a fundamental new addition.