[Lazarus] Lazbuild and RunTime Packages

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Jun 26 00:48:10 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 04:57 PM, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to compile Xidel
> (http://videlibri.sourceforge.net/xidel.html) on a headless FreeBsd
> machine, but, as this app requires the run-time package utf8tools I've
> tried compiling using lazbuild:
>
> lazbuild --add-package utf8tools.lpk
>
> But I got this:
> "ERROR: Package utf8tools.lpk is only for runtime."
>
> Is there a way to build runtime packages using Lazbuild?.

Sorry that I can't help with your problem but you've sparked my
interest!  Xidel looks like a *very* interesting console project.

I've already got a number of Free Pascal mini distributions which use
Synapse (which Xidel uses):
   http://www.ctrlterm.com/

Maybe I should add FreeBsd releases to the educational project:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm

And then maybe I could add a new page with releases for Xidel?  But I
see that Xidel needs a little more than just Free Pascal and Synapse.
It would seem interesting to see how I can add Lazarus things but still
have a small release to compile a console app.  Any suggestions?