[Lazarus] synapse and lazarus, compiled error

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 26 13:17:04 CEST 2013

> Johan Tu Toit <johan.tutoit at gmail.com> hat am 26. Juni 2013 um 12:49
> geschrieben:
>
>  Hi Dear,
>
>  I copied synapse in my source code project library and configured the path
>search under menu as follow Tools/Options/CodeTools as shown on the image
>attached, and called the unit httpsend.

That is only passed to codetools, not for the compiler.
I'm pretty sure in the past it contained that hint.
This option was added as a workaround years ago, when the IDE was not able to
find source files in the default fpc.cfg unit paths. I will remove this atavism.

>  During the compilation time, I received this above error:
>
>  browse.pas(22,32) Fatal: Can not find unit httpsend used by browse.
>
>  This link explain how to use the synapse classes under lazarus:
>  <http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php/public:howto:installsynapse>

This page is ancient (0.9.12) and even then it was incomplete.

>  May you please assist me.

Synapse does not provide a Lazarus package (.lpk file). So it is a little
unusual:

Download synapse39.zip, extract it to some folder <F>, add <F>/source/lib to
either

Project / Project Options / Compiler Options / Paths / Other Unit files

OR

/etc/fpc.cfg
After editing fpc.cfg click on Tools / Rescan FPC source directory.

Mattias