[Lazarus] Touchscreen

Malcolm Poole malcolm at lingua-z.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 18:34:28 CEST 2013

On 30/06/13 09:38, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> I made some test-apps, and I think there will be problems with things
> like scrollbars. Is there a way to make those bigger ? Or is there a way
> to implement the "swipe" to move items in a list ?

I decided to use fpgui for this; because it made it relatively easy to
get into the GUI code and make the scrollbars wider.

Another way which I found used by a number of applications (and also by
making supermarket cashiers nervous by trying to look at their POS
screens) is to hide the scrollbars and have two large buttons alongside,
with up/down arrows or forward/back arrows.

Regarding the "swipe", I hadn't thought of it before, but it may be
possible to use the mouse scroll events in a  touchscreen application,
to achieve the same effect.

Malcolm