[Lazarus] Maintainers: packages without description: please add them

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 06:12:32 CET 2013

Hi list,

1. Going through my Lazarus install (trunk) I noticed these packages
without description. I've added suggestions for descriptions (hope
they're correct).
Could package maintainers please add a description to their packages?
That would surely help people who don't yet know what the package
actually does.

aarrebase
?

cocoa_pkg
?

customdrawn
Provides custom drawn (as opposed to native) controls for multiple platforms

demoidehelp
?

designbaseclassdemopkg
?

easydockmgrdsgn
? something to do with easydockmgr?

editortoolbar
? (current description says Editor Toolbar, but what kind of editor is
meant? what kind of toolbar?)

exploreidemenu
?

filefindlaz
Adds file finder components to Lazarus

fpcunitide
fpcunitide provides new project types for console and GUI unit testing
applications using fpcunit. Useful for quickly and easily setting up
unit tests for your project.

fpvectorialpkg
?

h2paswizard
Helps convert C .h files into Pascal definitions

idelazlogger
?

imagesforlazarus
? (current description says Images for Lazarus. What images?)

jumptoimplementation
Allows jumping to the implementation part if your cursor is on a
procedure/method/property definition.

lazdatadict
?

lazparadox
Paradox connection component for Lazarus

lazreportpdfexport
Enables PDF export for lazreport (requires LazReport and PowerPDF)

lr_add_function
?
Additional functions for lazreport (requires LazReport)

lr_codereport_pkg
?

lr_dialogdesign
?

lr_sqldb
?

lr_tdbf
DBF database access component for lazreport (requires LazReport)

lr_zeosdb
Zeos database access component for lazreport (requires LazReport)

macosfiles
?

messagecomposerpkg
?

notlcldesigner
Example package that demonstrates adding support for non-LCL visual
components in the IDE

prettymessages

printers4lazide
Adds printing support to the IDE. Requires Printers4Lazarus.

quickfixexample
?

rxnew<>rx
These packages have more or less the same description:
Delphi VCL Extensions (RX)
Could rxnew perhaps indicate they are
1. an addition to the rx package or
2. an improvement to the rx package (that is: they have the same components)

semaphorgridlpk
Adds traffic lights (red, green, amber) controls to grids

tachartwmf
WMF drawing back-end for TAChart

turbopoweriprodsgn
Design-time packages for the ported TurboPower iPro (internet
professional) components: a set of components providing Internet
connectivity.

weblaz
Weblaz provides new project types for (Fast)CGI and Apache module web
applications using FreePascal's fcl-web (fpweb)

2. Memo oddity in package screen
When selecting a package with a large description, the vertical
scrollbar of the memo containing the description is all the way down
(Laz trunk x86, Windows).
Could this be modified so it is at the top (and you can read the
beginning of the description, which is the most important)

Thanks a lot,
Reinier