[Lazarus] Weird GTK TGroupBox bug

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Mar 7 17:44:02 CET 2013

I've stumbled against a rather weird bug in TGroupBox with GTK2 WS.

If a TGroupBox gets partly covered by another window (as it may happen
with the drop-down of a TComboBox, or simply by moving another window
over it), and then uncovered, not all the widgets inside the TGroupBox
are properly repainted.

It turns out that:

1) All widgets which were fully hidden are properly repainted.

3) Not all widgets which were partly hidden are repainted properly.
TButton and TBitButton are repainted properly, while TLabel and
TSpeedButton are not.

4) Depending on GTK style, also the TGroupBox caption is not properly
repainted, when partly hidden.

See attached screenshots of the same form, before and after sliding
another window over it.

Verified with different Window Managers (KDE 3.x, KDE 4.x, GNOME 2.x,
XFCE4), Lazarus Trunk, Lazarus 1.0.2, Lazarus 1.0.4., under RHEL5, and
FC14.

Using QT WS, all widgets are properly repainted.

As an additional information, this bug wasn't present in Lazarus
0.9.26.2. (I don't have at hand a Lazarus 0.9.30 to test).

I didn't find a mention in the BugTracker. Should I file a new bug, or I
just missed an entry?

Giuliano