[Lazarus] SQLite - disk I/O error only on virtual machine

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Mar 7 20:50:52 CET 2013

Hi,

I noticed strange behavior when running application on virtualbox linux
mint 14 64bit machine. This occur only when I attach second database to
sqlite3connection and then call SQLTransaction.Commit. This is my code:

  try
    FConn := TMySqlite3Connection.Create(Self);
    FConn.Transaction := SQLTransaction1;
    FConn.DatabaseName :=
IncludeTrailingBackslash(ProgramDirectory)+'db1.sqlite';
    FConn.Connected := True;
    FConn.ExecSQLNoTrans('attach database '+
      QuotedStr(IncludeTrailingBackslash(ProgramDirectory)+'db2.sqlite')+'
as d2');

    FConn.ExecuteDirect('create table if not exists a(col integer)');
    FConn.ExecuteDirect('create table if not exists d2.b(col integer)');
    SQLTransaction1.Commit;
  except on e: Exception do
    ShowMessage(e.Message);
  end;

Even if error occur, commit succesful created tables. When I run it on
normal Linux installation (also Mint 14 64bit) then everything is ok. Both
OS have same sqlite version (3.7.13) from ubuntu repo.
I will post this report on sqlite mailing list too, but maybe you had
similar problem.

Regards