[Lazarus] Building from Lazarus IDE does not respect my build mode??

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 19:41:15 CET 2013

Hi,

I have two build modes defined for my project:
Debug:
Enable RangeCheck, IOCheck, StackCheck, OverflowCheck
Use heaptrace
Generate debugging info and display line numbers
No WinGUI application

Release:
Disnable RangeCheck, IOCheck, StackCheck, OverflowCheck
Don't use heaptrace
Don't generate debugging info and don't display line numbers
Link smart
Strip symbols from executable
WinGUI application

Since a while now, when I select "Release", (and I can see that all
the specified options are checked/unchecked as I defined them to be),
it still builds the application with the settings for Debug mode.

When I select "Release" Lazarus tells me my compiler options are:
 -MObjFPC -Scghi -O2 -OoREGVAR -Xs -XX -vewnhi -Filib\i386-win32
-Fu..\MijnLib -Fu. -FUlib\i386-win32\ -l -FElib\i386-win32\

This looks OK to me.
But stil, when built the app-size is the same as when built with
"Debug", and it still shows me the output of Heaptrace when the
program finishes.
And yes, in Messages window it says "Options changed, recompiling
clean with -B" when I changed the build-modes.

For the record, here's my "Debug" settings:
 -MObjFPC -Scghi -Cirot -O1 -g -gl -gh -vewnhi -Filib\i386-win32
-Fu..\MijnLib -Fu. -FUlib\i386-win32\ -l

Currently the only way to get it use "Release" mode settings is to
alter the "Debug" mode settings, but that defies the use of build
modes in the first place.

Anybody any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Bart