[Lazarus] TEditButton alignment

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:48:08 CET 2013

It is a well known issue that TEditButton aligns wrong.

In the last note of issue
Mattias writes :
"The best solution is to redesign TEditButton as an edit and a button
in a panel. I started it as proof of concept in
examples/groupedcontrols.
This will break all current workarounds, so it will not be done for 1.0. "

It was discussed at forum:
  http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19496.msg115847.html#msg115847

I would like to know if this "edit and button in a panel" strategy is
still valid or does it have some hidden traps?
I don't see any problem with it myself.
Then it could be implemented in trunk.

The only philosophical problem might be that it doesn't use the
corresponding native widgetset control even if there was one.
Not all widgetsets have it.

Juha