[Lazarus] Ok I give up!

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 13:16:03 CET 2013

On 2-3-2013 13:05, appjaws wrote:
> Hi,
> How do you write the contents of a Memo to a file and read back into a
> Memo?
Memo1.Lines.SaveToFile
Memo1.Lines.LoadFromFile

> Another thing how can I find out legal qualifiers i.e. Memo.Clear ,
> Memo.Text (both illegal). What is legal?
Type Memo. then press ctrl-space, then identifier completion will show
you legal qualifiers.

You can also go to the declaration of the tmemo (using alt-up) and see
the source code to inspect the properties/methods/functions but as
you'll see TMemo descends from TCustomMemo, probably inheriting some
properties etc, and the inheritance tree goes on up.

Finally, built in help is a nice aid: with your cursor on TMemo, press
F1 and you'll see properties and methods that are available.

There are probably more ways...